Microwave Convection Cooking - www.MicrowaveConnect.com
This is a delicious way to use leftover bread. Prepare the night before for easy baking just before serving. Add sausages and fruit for a special brunch or breakfast.
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 slices (1 1/2-inch thick) French bread (about 1/2 a 1-lb. loaf)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Combine all ingredients for Topping in 2-cup microwave-safe measure.
2. MICROWAVE (100%), uncovered, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring once. Pour mixture into 8-inch square ungreased silicone or lightly greased glass baking dish; spread evenly. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon in 4-cup glass measure; beat well. Dip each bread slice into egg mixture. Place in single layer on pecan mixture. Pour any remaining milk mixture over bread slices. Cut butter into 6 pieces; divide among bread. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat microwave-convection oven to 350°. Uncover baking dish.
5. COMBINATION-BAKE (Low-Mix) at 350° on low rack for 18 to 22 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.
About 6 Servings
TIPS · Maple flavored syrup can be substitute for pure maple syrup.
>Serve toast with additional syrup or sweetened sliced strawberries.
>Heat any leftovers by microwaving 20 to 25 seconds/slice to warm.
Nutritional Info/Serving: 416 calories, 10 g protein, 44 g carbohydrate, 23 g fat, 174 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 1.8 g dietary fiber.