This is my favorite corn muffin recipe. They cook quickly in regular cups with convection-only or a double quantity in the Texas-sized muffin cups using the Low-Mix combination. Recipe can be doubled for larger quantities.
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons honey
1. MICROWAVE (100%) butter in microwave-safe dish 30 to 40 seconds or until melted.
2. Preheat microwave-convection oven to 375 degrees.
3. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl. In measuring cup, combine milk, honey, egg and melted butter. Mix with fork. Add to dry ingredients; mix with fork just until blended.
4. Place silicone baking cups on low rack (use a baking round under small cups). Fill cups about 3/4 full.
5. Convection-Bake on low rack at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly.
Makes: About 8 Muffins
>Double recipe and bake in 2 layers or one layer at a time.
>For Texas-sized muffins, place cups directly on low rack. Fill cups 2/3 full. Low-Mix bake at 375 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly. Regular recipe yields about 4 muffins; double recipe will make 8 to 10 muffins.
>To save dishes, use one of the silicone muffin cups to melt butter.
>Store leftovers in covered container. Microwave each 8 to 10 seconds to heat before serving.
>For cornbread, preheat oven to 400 degrees; spread batter in 8-inch round silicone baking pan. Low-mix bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.