This crustless quiche has been popular in classes. The addition of flour gives it enough body that it needs no crust. Works well in the 8-inch round silicone pan or the 6-cup casserole/steamer. Also fun to make in Texas-sized muffin cups for individual servings. Enjoy with fresh fruit and bread.
CRUSTLESS ASPARAGUS QUICHE
2 cups fresh asparagus pieces
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup cubed ham
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash hot pepper sauce
1. Place asparagus and butter in 8-inch round silicone baking pan. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE (100%) 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
3. Preheat microwave-convection oven to 375 degrees.
4. Top asparagus with ham and cheese; mix lighty. Beat together eggs, milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper sauce until smooth. Pour over cheese. Lift asparagus with fork to add color.
5. LOW-MIX with 10% microwave power on low rack at 375 degrees for 19 to 21 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges for serving.
About 4 Servings
- Cooked seafood such as shrimp or crab can be substituted for ham.
- Other favorite cheeses can be substituted.
- For individual servings, cook asparagus in 2-cup silicone measure covered with silicone hot pad. Arrange ingredients in four individual Texas-sized muffin cups. Place cups on low rack. Pour milk mixture over cheese. Bake as directed, reducing time to 17 to 19 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from cups to serve.