Recipe of the Month!
Citrus fruits make refreshing additions to summer entertaining. These bars that taste similar to Lemon Bars have the refreshing flavor with less sugar. They are sure to be a treat with iced tea or lemonade in the weeks ahead. Enjoy!
REFRESHING LIME BARS
Crust:2 cups all-purpose flour1/2 cup powdered sugar1 stick (1/2 cup) butterFilling:1 cup sugar 3 tablespoons flour1/2 teaspoon baking powder3 eggs1 tablespoon grated lime peel 1/3 cup fresh lime juicePowdered sugar
1. Preheat microwave-convection oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour and powdered sugar for Crust in bowl. Cut butter into thin slices. Cut into flour mixture with pastry cutter or fork until crumbly. Press mixture evenly into 8-inch square silicone baking pan.
3. CONV-ONLY BAKE at 350 degrees on low rack for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, peel and juice. Whisk until smooth. Pour over baked crust.
5. COMBO-BAKE on low rack with 10% microwave power at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool; cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
About 20 Bars
TIPS >Two limes usually yield about 1/3 cup juice.
>Be sure to grease pan when not using silicone.
>Prepare ahead, but wait to sprinkle with powdered sugar until just before serving..