Beets are easily roasted using the combination setting. Use the higher 30% power for a larger quantity of beets and the lower 10% power when cooking 2 or 3 beets. Once roasted, combine with fresh greens, crumbled goat cheese and a balsamic dressing for a refreshing summer salad.
Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese Salad
4 medium fresh beets, scrubbed
1/3 cup walnut pieces
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 cups mixed salad greens
1 avocado, peeled and cut into pieces
3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat microwave-convection oven to 400 degrees. Leave about 1 inch of top on beets. Rub each with olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Place in shallow silicone or glass baking dish. Cover with lid or Teflon-coated baking round.
2. COMBINATION COOK at 400 degrees with 30% power for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into pieces. Cover and refrigerate.
3. For Nuts, combine all ingredients in silicone or glass measuring cup. MICROWAVE (100% power) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted stirring or shaking twice. Set aside.
4. For Dressing, combine all ingredients in covered glass jar or other container. Shake or mix well until combined.
5. To serve, arrange greens on plates or in salad bowl. Add avocado, beets and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with nuts.
About 6 Servings
>Store leftover beets in refrigerator for up to 5 days; extra dressing can be stored for weeks.
>Brown sugar can be substituted for maple syrup on nuts and in dressing.
>You can start cooking the beets before the oven is preheated. Just cancel the preheat and add about 10 minutes to the cooking time.
>When serving in a bowl toss the salad with the dressing before serving.
Submit a CommentLogged in as admin. Log out?